We Need Your Support
Turn Discovery Into Legacy
Nestled amidst the magnificent Northwoods of Wisconsin, The North Lakeland Discovery Center is where discovering connections with nature hapens on a daily basis, a place where a sense of wonder is continually awakened, and an ethic of care for nature is passed along. We nurture the values of generations by making outdoor education, exploration and experience accessible to all.
Pass on your values and honor your loved ones by helping to create a lasting legacy. Your gift will help to continue our mission of enriching livesand inspiring an ethinc of carefor the Northwoods through the facilitation of connection among people, nature and community.
Your support will help the Discovery Center to:
- Ensure Quality activities and nature programming for over 6,000 adults and children every year
- Provide four season silent sports recreation opportunities in our expanding 12 miles of trails
- offer a peaceful sanctuary for our neighbors and visitors, where you can renew your spirit and explore the northwoods on our 63 acre campus, interpretive stations gardens and Discovery Destinations E-Pods (learning centers).
- Conduct Citizen Science monitoring and surveys to document and preserve species and habitats of concern
- Rekindle the sense of wonder of all ages through Environmental Education programs
A Lasting Legacy. There are many options you can choose from to recognize a friend or family member in a lasting way at The Discovery Center. We are happy to meet with you to talk about ideas that have special meaning to you or the person you wish to honor. A walk around The Discovery Center will unfold gifts others have given. There are quiet benches along the trail, an interpretive trail named after a special member of the Center, Discovery Boxes in the Nature Nook, all standing as testament to someone's love of the people and nature of the Northwoods.
If you would like to talk further about an honor or memorial gift, please call 715.543.2085 ext 202. You may also email the Center's Director.
Join the Discovery Center Legacy Society. One of the many ways people can support the Discovery Center is through planned giving. Help ensure the precious environmental education programs of the Discovery Center continue for generations by leaving an enduring gift. When you make a charitable gift through your will, you leave a legacy of support for natural resource conservation and nature education.
Gifts include bequests, real estate, securities, life insurance policies, retirement assets, and charitable gift annuities. There is no minimum required gift amount to join the Statehouse Society. If you would like more information, please call 715.543.2085 ext 202. You may also email the Center's Director.
Leave a legacy... it's the Natural thing to do! When it comes to the opportunities afforded future generations, there are few guarantees. The Discovery Center's Endowment Fund is an attempt at one such guarantee; it strives to fund the nature center's programs in perpetuity. Just like other endowments, ours retains and invests monetary gifts and earnings without spending the principal. Gifts of property, appreciated stock and other securities have the potential to contribute significantly to the continued support of Discovery Center operations and programming. If you would like to discuss gifts to the Discovery Center's Endowment fund, please call 715.543.2085 ext 202. You may also email the Center's Director.
Our Supporters - Donor and Financial Reports
The Discovery Center is 23 years old! We've been blessed with a growing number of supporters, and acknowledge the many organizations and individuals who generously support our efforts to connect people and nature. Thank you!
- 2017 990 Form
- 2017-18 Financial Statements
- 2016 990 Form
- 2016-17 Audited Financials
- 2016 Annual Donors Report
- 2015 Annual Donors Report
- 2014 Annual Donors Report
- 2013 Annual Donors Report
- 2012 Annual Donors Report
- 2011 Annual Donors Report
- 2010 Annual Donors Report
- 2009 Annual Donors Report
Discovery Center Wish List:
In-Kind donations are a generous and easy way to show your support for a non-profit organization. In return for your donation you will receive a letter of acknowledgment for tax purposes and a great many thanks from the Discovery Center Staff.
- Fall 2019:
- 4X4 or all-wheel drive vehicle capabilities for winter driving
- 24 Foot "Scissor-Type" Pontoon Trailer
- 12 Volt Deep Cycle Boat Battery
- Backpack Leaf Blower
- Local animal/fish mounts in good condition
- Natural artifacts (skulls, pelts, etc)
- Two man cross cut saw
- Trail Camera
- Grass Seed
- Pontoon Boat Motor 60 to 90HP
We greatly appreciate your generosity and donations. We also have a wish list on Amazon at http://a.co/h0IvFLR. If you have any questions regarding these items please call 715-543-2085.
Discovery Center Campus & Trails
- 63-acre mixed forest, grounds and Statehouse Lake
- Interpretive trail and bog boardwalks
- Ski/Hike/Bike/Snowshoe Trails
Guided Hikes and Field Trips
- Interpretive nature and wildlife hikes
- Snowshoe, ice cave, waterfall trips
- Canoe trips and pontoon tours
- Environmental Education programs
- Youth and mission-based camps
- Eco-Discoverers (Ages 4-7)
- Eco-Explorers (Ages 8-10)
Wildlife Research & Education
- Local and regional bird surveys
- Crane Counts
- Bird Banding
- Wolf Howls
- Bat Monitoring
- Nibbles N' Knowledge
- Brown Bag Lunch Presentations
- Northwoods Birding Festival
- Family Play Days
- Traveling Naturalist
- Lake level monitoring
- AIS Monitoring and Education
- Community Social Gatherings