We Need Your Support
Please note that by clicking the "Donate Now" button, you are making a donation, which is different than becoming a member. If you'd like to become a member of the Discovery Center, please click the link that says "Become a Member" on the right side of this page. To renew your membership, please login to our website and choose "Review or Renew my Membership" from the drop-down menu.
Turn Discovery Into Legacy
Nestled amidst the magnificent Northwoods of Wisconsin, The North Lakeland Discovery Center is where discovering connections with nature hapens on a daily basis, a place where a sense of wonder is continually awakened, and an ethic of care for nature is passed along. We nurture the values of generations by making outdoor education, exploration and experience accessible to all.
Pass on your values and honor your loved ones by helping to create a lasting legacy. Your gift will help to continue our mission of enriching livesand inspiring an ethinc of carefor the Northwoods through the facilitation of connection among people, nature and community.
Your support will help the Discovery Center to:
- Ensure Quality activities and nature programming for over 6,000 adults and children every year
- Provide four season silent sports recreation opportunities in our expanding 12 miles of trails
- offer a peaceful sanctuary for our neighbors and visitors, where you can renew your spirit and explore the northwoods on our 63 acre campus, interpretive stations gardens and Discovery Destinations E-Pods (learning centers).
- Conduct Citizen Science monitoring and surveys to document and preserve species and habitats of concern
- Rekindle the sense of wonder of all ages through Environmental Education programs
Our Supporters - Donor and Financial Reports
The Discovery Center is 24 years old! We've been blessed with a growing number of supporters, and acknowledge the many organizations and individuals who generously support our efforts to connect people and nature. Thank you!
- 2017 990 Form
- 2017-18 Financial Statements
- 2016 990 Form
- 2016-17 Audited Financials
- 2016 Annual Donors Report
- 2015 Annual Donors Report
- 2014 Annual Donors Report
- 2013 Annual Donors Report
- 2012 Annual Donors Report
- 2011 Annual Donors Report
- 2010 Annual Donors Report
- 2009 Annual Donors Report
In-Kind donations are a generous and easy way to show your support for a non-profit organization. In return for your donation you will receive a letter of acknowledgment for tax purposes and a great many thanks from the Discovery Center Staff.
2023 Wish List:
- Amazon gift cards for animal supplies
- Truck (4x4 or All-wheel drive) for “Traveling Naturalist” Programs
- Collapsible storage bins
- Wheelbarrow to keep in the garden area
- Roof shovel
- Art and Craft supplies for children programs
- Natural artifacts (skulls, pelts, etc)
- Two-man cross-cut saw
- Grass seed
We greatly appreciate your generosity and donations. We also have a wish list on Amazon at http://a.co/h0IvFLR. If you have any questions regarding these items please send us an email at email@example.com or call (715) 543-2085.
Do you use Amazon Smile? AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice. All you need to do is start your shopping at smile.amazon.com. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you and you can choose from nearly one million public charitable organizations, including North Lakeland Discovery Center! Click here for more information about how to use Amazon Smile.
Discovery Center Campus & Trails
- 63-acre mixed forest, grounds and Statehouse Lake
- Interpretive trail and bog boardwalks
- Ski/hike/bike/snowshoe trails
Guided Hikes and Field Trips
- Interpretive nature and wildlife hikes
- Snowshoe, ice cave, waterfall trips
- Canoe trips and pontoon tours
- Environmental education programs
- Youth and mission-based camps
- Eco-Discoverers (Ages 4-7)
- Eco-Explorers (Ages 8-10)
Wildlife Research & Education
- Local and regional bird surveys
- Crane counts
- Bird banding
- Wolf howls
- Bat monitoring
- Nibbles 'n' Knowledge
- Knowledge at Noon lunch presentations
- Northwoods birding festival
- Family play days
- Traveling Naturalist
- Lake level monitoring
- AIS monitoring and education
- Community social gatherings