Located on the grounds of the Discovery Center in a stand of pines overlooking Statehouse Lake, this beautiful home is a perfect get-away. The main level features a designer kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, custom bathroom, and enclosed four season porch. The fully finished lower level has two twin sleeper sofas, TV/DVD player, large table, and washer and dryer (sleeps 6).
During the day you can enjoy hiking, biking, skiing or snowshoeing on the Discovery Center's 12 mile trail system, visit the local stores, fish, canoe, or kayak on Statehouse Lake (canoes and kayaks available for use onsite), or relax and take in the sounds of nature on the back patio or private dock. You can also attend a class or seminar at the adjacent Discovery Center and learn about wildflowers, birds, lakes and animal habitat. Bike or stroll the grounds or pedal to excellent restaurants and Northwoods boutiques. A nearby marina offers boat rentals for fishing, water skiing, pontoon and jet skis on the Manitowish Waters Legendary 10 Lake Chain. It is also located on the Manitowish Waters snowmobile trail, and parking is available for large trailers.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Bed Linens/Towels
- Two bedrooms (one Queen bed and one Full bed)
- Two Twin pull-out sleeper sofas
- Lakeside Patio and Furniture
- Enclosed 4-season Porch with Dining Table and Furniture
- Flat screen TV and DVD player
- Abundance of natural light
- Activity spaces
- Outdoor Firepit
- Playhouse with loft
- Wireless Internet
- The rental management of this home is handled by Northwoods Home Rentals. Please visit www.northwoodshomerentals.com for available dates and to book your stay online (search "Director's House"), or call them at (715) 543-8020.
What Our Guests are Saying...
We stayed in the "Director's House" which was an incredible surprise. We highly recommend anyone staying more than a few days to rent this home out. It overlooks a beautiful lake and is surrounded by white pine...it's an outdoor person's dream vacation.” – Toni and Rob
“WOW. What a wonderful new addition to a fabulous place.” – Pat and Sterling