The Discovery Center has everything you need for an outdoor, guided adventure. Stop by the Nature Nook to learn more about these activities:
- 12 miles of hiking and biking trails
- 22 Station Birding Trail- created by the Discovery Center Bird Club, grab a self-guided map and follow along the trails complete with interpretive signs about the birds you could see on your adventure!
- Sports and outdoor games
- Family Backpack program
- Discovery Destinations - Fun and educational areas around our campus
- Nature Nook with live animals, nature reference materials, exhibits, and kids crafts
- Tadpole Classroom- our 'wet' exhibit and classroom space located at the waterfront- find activities and information related to our Northwoods Lakes, along with nets and fishing poles to enhance your experience!
- Shoreline Restoration Garden- enter the gate to see what native plants you can have that are edible, are deer resistant, or are good for pollinators like bees and butterflies
- Nature Nook Garden- a garden currently under renovation includes a butterfly garden, vegetable garden, bat garden and children's sensory and herb garden
- Nature Playscape- follow the path along this natural play space that will have you exploring and discovering a butterfly sand box, log balance beams, log play house, shelter building area, wolf den and otter slide space, and music areas!
14006 Discovery Lane in Manitowish Waters, about one mile north of the intersection of Highway 51 and County W, across from Rest Lake Park.
Challenge yourself and explore our 20km of trails, ready for mountain biking, hiking and cross-country skiing.